Sunday, August 14, 2011

Borgata Trip Report

It's been a long time since i've done one of these posts. Yesterday I made my first trip down to Atlantic City to play some live poker. We arrived early around 10:00 but there wasn't a lack of action. My father and I got seated right away at the same $3-6 Limit Holdem table. I could have easily played $1-2 or $2-5 No Limit, were plenty of games going at that time. My mother got herself a seat in a $2-4 Limit Holdem game right away too. The game was good but not as fishy as the last few trips i've made. It had a mix of 4 regulars, 2 new clueless players, 2 average players, myself and my father. My father couldn't fade the river all day. He had monster hands cracked on the river all day long. Me on the other hand keep flopping top pair top kicker that I would bet every street and it would hold up. Funny thing is I kept showing them the goods yet they kept paying me off on the river. This lasted all day and I went home with a nice profit. The Bad Beat Jackpot is at a record setting $380K for the Borgata! This had the effect of making the game even looser than normal. People wouldn't give up a pair or a suited connector pre-flop, no matter the action. All in all I look forward to going down and playing more live poker. Making a trip down in September to play in the HORSE event during the Borgata Open. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home