Tuesday, November 07, 2006

PokerStars Deepstack Tournament.

Played in the PokerStars Deepstack Tournament on Sunday at 12:00noon. What a great structure this tournament has. Start with 5000 chips and the blinds go up every 30 minutes. Also there aren't antes until level 7 I believe. I generally played my TAG style but made moves to steal pots when people seamed to be tightening up. With around 500 people left I had a below average stack of 6800 chips. I found 2 Kings from late position. As first in I brought it in for 4 times at the bid blind. The Bid Blind insta-pushed all in when the action was on him. I knew I was ahead so I called right away.(He had me covered with around 9000 chips.) He had A-K off. I hate his move here. I hadn't been playing many pots. The only thing I can think is I was in steal position so he figured I had nothing and would fold. Of course the first card off the deck is an Ace and I am knocked out of the tournament. I get all my money in as a 2.5-1 favorite and get knocked out. I played the tournament well but couldn't fade another bad beat. Of well I will play this tournament more often and hopefully will be able to fade it next time. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home