Friday, April 27, 2007

An odd No Limit Hand.

Here is an odd hand to report about. Last night I am playing in a .25-.50 No Limit Donkfest on Fulltilt. Steaming a little being I have been felted twice, with the best hand pre-flop both times. I am under the gun and find 2 red aces, jackpot. This table was very aggressive all night. The squeeze play after a few limpers was like automatic. Anyway 2 people limp after me and then the button does also. The small blind calls and the big blind checks. So much for my limp re-raise trap that I set up perfectly. Flop comes pretty harmless, 2-3-10 rainbox. Being there are 6 of us in the pot I want to reduce the field to increase my chances. I bet the pot, 2 people fold and the button min-raises me. Smells like he has a ten but I just call to trap him further. On the turn we are heads up and a very bad 10 comes. I check and he checks behind me. At this point I am thinking he is trapping me with his 3 tens. The river comes with a blank, think a 7. I check and he bets half the pot. I call thinking I played this hand so badly I deserve to loss. He turns over 2 black aces and we split the pot. WTF, how can he just call pre-flop when there are already 3 people in the pot? My question is this, who played this hand worse me or him? Please leave me a comment about the play of this hand. May do a trip report this weekend, if I can get some live poker in. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM , Blogger Cousin Ant said...

Ant,
He def. played that wrong, with all those limpers in front of him, he should have made a strong re-raise and hoped everyone folded except one.
As for your part, I don't really agree with limping in with aces except if I'm in a tourney and I with a short to light medium stack. I'll try to take my chances
and hope to get a few callers to build up the pot.
The last 2 times I slowplayed...I took it right in the two-hole. Pocket queens/ flopped Qd, 6h, 8s.
I check, donkey bets min. raise, I call. Turn brings 3h, I check donkey goes all in, I call. Donk flips over A 10 of hearts and hits the 2nd runner heart on the river.

The next time..is arguable. I flop a straight and check. My opponent who is holding 88 bets and I call, Turn brings another 8 and I check and he goes all in. I call and the board pairs on the river. Now did I play that wrong and just run into bad luck?? or should I have made a strong bet on the flop??
Talk to ya soon,

Anthony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home