Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A long Freeroll.

I hate people that don’t follow the rules. Last night played in a TEC Freeroll on Ultimate. There were 3500 entries, with the top 50 going on to the final on Sunday. I play in these just for fun sometimes. We are down to 54 players with one really short stack on the table. The table chip leader who has like a million chips decides he wants everyone at our table to make the top 50 and advance to the finals. He starts telling everyone to fold to the bid blind. Totally unethical even for a freeroll IMO. Then when no one agrees to it he decides to take it upon himself to get the short stack in.(He was on his right.) In one hand there are 4 people in and the shorty has like 600 chips behind. The big stack bets like 100,000 chips, everyone folds to the shorty, before he can act the bid stack says I have 6-4 off call me. Short calls and he does have 6-4. In another hand he raises everyone out on the flop. On the turn the short goes all in for 1000 into a 10,000 chip pot. The big stack folds and shows top pair top kicker. He wants to show the table that he is protecting the short stack. I don’t care if it was a freeroll this was just so annoying. I told him what he was doing wasn’t right. He decides to go to war with me. Twice he raises me all in with nothing and shows it. Tells the whole table I am mean and he will knock me out. All I wanted to do was to fairly get into the next stage and get some sleep. This was making the tournament take longer then it needed to. Maybe I was overreacting but I didn’t think it was right what he was doing. If this was a real money tournament I would have reported him to support. Anyone have any comments on this situation? That’s it for today. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home