Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Winning Night.

It feels so good to finally have a winning night. Been running so bad lately that my confidence was very low. All I wanted last night was to have a winning session. Always do this after a few really bad days. Makes me feel so much better. I won at everything I played last night. Played low limit stud on Ultimatebet and crushed the game. Played No limit on FullTilt and won half a buy in. Most importantly I finally broke the Sit n go jinx. Played a Hi/Lo Stud one on Stars and took first. We got heads up with an equal chip stack. I felt I would win being I was running well the whole SNG. Right away I took a bad beat when I started with Tens and fives on 4th. He had me out chipped 4-1 at this point. Didn’t give up at all I started to play real aggressive, which you have to do heads up. I chipped back up to even in no time at all. One big hand happened that I misplayed but we wound up chopping anyway. On 6th I had jacks full of tens. Like a fool I kept raising until it was capped. He had an obvious made low and a better high draw that I over looked. Temporary brain fart that could have cost me the match. On 6th he had 6-7-8 of clubs showing. At the showdown we capped it again. He had the 5 of clubs and a made low. Could have caught a straight flush and knocked me out. He was freerolling on 6th street. This is a common mistake I see new Hi/Lo Stud players making. Don’t jam the pot heads up when the other person can’t lose in one direction. No harm done this time but need to not let this happen again. I play Hi/Lo much better then that. Well I took it down and booked a nice win for the night. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home