Monday, July 02, 2007

Seven Card Stud

Decided to mix things up yesterday playing online. I have been running so bad in short-handed Limit HE lately. So I decided to go back to my roots and play so low limit stud at UlitmateBet. Wow the few games going there were so juicy. Besides I have like $1280 in uncleared bonus that I need to earn there. I hate the fact that they changed their bonus policy last year. You now only get points/clear a bonus if you contribute money into a pot. It used to be that you just had to be dealt into a hand to earn points. This is bad if you are playing tight in a flop game. So playing Stud on this site made perfect sense. Have to ante every hand so always get credit toward my bonus. I got stuck playing in a really low limt game .25-.50 being it was this or .05-.10. I killed some time and earned some bonus dollars. Had a great session, won $15 plus bonus in an hour. If only I could do that at $2-4 or higher. Could make some serious coin. We had 2 or 3 people that would call every 3rd street no matter what cards they held. It was great, used to play in $1-5 and $5-10 games like this in AC. All you have to do is wait for a big pair and push it to the river. Sure you will get sucked out on now and then. Overall you were getting to push your hands with the best of it. Over time these are very profitable games to play in. Tonight I will see how the $1-2 and $2-4 Stud games are on Stars. Will also check if FullTilt has a Stud games going. I know the HORSE games there have been very good to me. Maybe I will play some HORSE on Stars or Fulltilt. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – I would highly recommend trying the HORSE games on FullTilt. If you are not already a member please click on my links at the top of this BLOG. (Need to play the bills also J)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home