Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday Brawl Results

Like I wrote in yesterday’s post I qualified for the Sunday Brawl on FullTilt yesterday for only $7.70. We had 1510 players entered for a first prize of almost 65K. Also there was a $40 bounty for each person you knocked out of it. I chipped up nicely early in the tournament and had 4650T after the 2nd break. Wasn’t able to get a bounty, twice I raised someone all in on the turn and they folded with less then 500T behind. (Both times pot was over 3000T.) Things were going smoothly until we got down to 620 players left, was pretty much card dead, was left with 4000T.(Only because I was stealing the blinds/antes from time to time.) So as first in from the button I raise it to a little less then 3x the big blind with A-10 of diamonds. A short stack in the big blind pushing in, it winds up being for 25% of my stack total with my original raise. I am pretty much pot committed, also there is the $40 bounty on the shorts head to consider. I call and am up against A-K off. Flop comes with two diamonds so he has to fade 12 outs twice. Of course I can’t win this race and am a little steamed up, being this is my 3rd attempt at a bounty that I can’t bring home. Three hands later I get dealt A-10 of diamonds again. As first in I raise it up to three times the big blind. The small and big blinds both call me. The flop comes 8-K-8 with two diamonds. They both check to me and I insta-push. The small blind folds but the big blind insta-calls. He has K-J off, so again I have 12 outs twice. Of course I hit nothing and am knocked out, mister K-J off gets my bounty. So brutal this is the second time in three weeks I qualified for the Brawl but I still can’t win a race in a key situation. This time couldn’t win the same race twice in four hands! I really hate tournament poker sometimes. At least I had a winning day playing live poker. I stopped the bleeding of my bankroll from Saturday. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home