Monday, August 18, 2008

Finally a Winning Sunday

Yesterday was the first winning Sunday I have had in a month. It’s because I avoided playing in ring games and focused on SNGs and Satellites. Also played in the right SNGs, for a Sunday. Avoided playing in the steps and the Donkey No Limit ones. Instead I played in Pot Limit Hi/Lo Omaha and my old bread and butter HORSE. Again I just crushed the FTOPS Satellites on Full yesterday. I cashed in 2 out of 3 of them, that’s 5 out of 6 for the weekend! So all my SNGs and MTTs on Full Tilt were free rolls for me. Didn’t have much success in MTTs, played in four of them and got deep in them all. Didn’t cash in any of them but got some bounties. I tried something different, ignored the bubble and just played my cards to win it all. This style never seems to work for me. My style is to slow down and play super tight until we are in the money. I will go back to playing this way from now on. I was in one sick hand, close to the money in a small knockout tournament on Full Tilt. I got dealt pocket eights in the big blind. Someone brought it in for a raise and 2 other players flat called. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. Just knew this hand was doom for me. I called for pot odds and figured no set no bet. Flop comes gin for me 9-8-2 with two diamonds. I check and the first player, huge stack, shoves. The second player calls all in and the third player shoves also! In a live tournament I would fold this hand. In a more expensive MTT Online I might fold this. Problem is this is a micro limit bounty tournament so I know they are calling light, being bounties are up for grabs! If I fold I have enough to squeak into the money being we are 20 places from it. I decide I am ahead and make the call for my tournament life. Wait until you see the setup Full Tilt does on this hand. First player pocket jacks, 2nd player pocket queens, next player A-K of diamonds. So I am ahead but have to dodge many outs. Why didn’t the pocket Queens re-raise pre-flop so I could fold? The turn is a Queen so I am dead to one out. The river is a diamond and the A-K gets 2 bounties and becomes a huge stack. What a Sick hand, if my set holds up I am one of the huge stacks. In this same tournament I saw another crazy sick thing happen. A crazy complete donk at our table is the chip leader of the tournament with 35K with the blinds at 100-200 with no ante. In five hands he goes butso, realize the next biggest stack was like 10K before these hands started! In two hands he flops top pair no kicker and doubles someone up. In another hand he flops a flush draw with 8-4 of diamonds and calls an all in for 75% of his stack! What a complete donkey, should never blow a chip lead that fast unless you get totally coolered. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony
P.S. – Good job by my readers for clicking through on my Google Adsense banner, above this post, please keep up the good work! Shout out to Cousin Ant., avoid the MTTs until your roll is healthy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home