Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sometimes the Donks Win

Last night I got hit with a dose of reality. It seems whenever I start to run good I have a night where almost nothing goes right. I played Full Ring Limit Holdem on Stars and Full last night. I lost 25BBs, which doesn’t seem too bad but was down almost 50 before I turned it around. There was a Donk on my right which just beat me constantly all night. Finally I figured out that he was full of it and I started re-raising to isolate him. I called him down two hands in a row really light and was right both times. In one hand I put him on Ace-rag and the board had 3 face cards, I had an under pair pocket fours, won a nice pot. (He had the almighty A-2 off, LOL.) Then the very next hand he raised again and I flatted him with A-7 sooted. Flop came Q-7-4 and he led out so I raised to isolate him, other two players folded. Rags came on the turn and river he bet and I called him down. My sevens were good he had King high. Outside of these two hands this donk really owned me. When I got to the table he had 20BBs, when I left he had over 80! I finally gave up for the night so I could watch the new WPT. In the past the Ladies night ones haven’t been very interesting but this one was. Can’t wait to watch the WSOP 50K Horse tonight on ESPN. I will try to get some donkey revenge tonight also. (Or as the Good Doctor says, “Spill some donk blood.”) Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home