Monday, May 25, 2009

Beating the Donks

I don't know how someone can play poker for a living. This game can be so frustrating at times. Yesterday(Donkday) was a case in point! Nothing I did was right. Took 2 out beats on the river over and over, was sick. This hand from a double or nothing Sit-N-Go is a perfect example of bad play getting rewarded. We have 9 players left with the top 5 winning double their buy in. Blinds are at 50-100 with I think a 10 ante. I have played super tight, only one hand up to this point but I lost 1/4 of my stack on it. After blinds and antes I have 950 left. The button limps and from the big blind I shove with Q-9 suited. I am playing off my tight image, also I need the chips out there big time. The limper snap calls and I think I have been trapped by Aces or another monster! (BTW the limper started the hand with 2950.) What monster do you think he trapped me with? Hmm... let's think about this for a minute. No more suspense, K-5 sooted!! He trapped me good. What do you all think of his play and mine? Beating Donks can be tough some days. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home