Friday, July 31, 2009

Successful Grinding

Last night’s grinding went very well, thank you very much. Four tabled Limit HE on Poker Stars and won 30BB in two hours play. I noticed that the number of flops I saw for the night was very low, around 15%. The night before I had a horrible session and the number of flops I saw was 21%. Hmm….Seams there may be something to playing tighter after all. Well this matters I also played much more focused last night. My wife was watching and she was amazed being I was calling out people’s cards exactly in many hands. One hand, I wasn’t even in, while four tabling I stated that the one played had pocket sevens and the other A-J. I was spot on in both calls and the sick thing is neither of them had hit anything on the board, yet was able to play the hand in reverse to figure it out. (Final board was 4-4-8-Q-10) The night before I was playing on auto-pilot and the big loss I took showed it big time! Also did well in Step Sit-N-Gos last night. I played a Step one on Stars and won a Step 2 ticket. Also played my Step 9 on Ultimate against some tough players.(Step 9 cost $800 to buy so I didn’t want to lose in this one.) I focused well and was able to get knocked out in 4th for a repeat Step 9 ticket. I need to play this on a weekend against the softer players. Still everything went well for me last night, wish I could focus and play well like this all the time. TGIF. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home