Monday, August 24, 2009

Sit-N-Go Streaks

Last night I squeezed in a few more Sit-N-Gos in my quest for The Battle of the Planets domination on Poker Stars. I am on pace for a score of 1500 for a block of 100. If this keeps up I should finish in the top 20 this week. Problem is in the middle of these quests always seem to go on a bad streak of like 15 sit-n-gos with only a cash or two! It’s so brutal all of a sudden my Kings and Queens keep losing to Ace rag. At the same time I never can suck out when I get my money in behind. If I can avoid this running bad problem can be in the top 5 for the week at my low limit Sit-N-Go level. Really as soon as I lose 4 in a row I should realize the bad streak is starting and just shut it down. Problem is I never have the discipline to do that. As long as I am playing well I feel things are about to turn around and will starting winning again soon. Poker just doesn’t work like that. For me 25% of the days no matter how well I play it will be a losing day. It’s just the nature of the beast in games that have a ton of short term luck but long term skill. My advice to my readers is just except it as part of the game. It’s easier said than done but we all need to strive towards it. On an entertainment note, can’t wait for ESPN’s WSOP Main Event coverage tomorrow night. Wife and I both thought last week’s coverage was outstanding. The story is unfolding well and I can’t wait to watch this weeks. Happy Monday. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. - Please remember to click through on my Google banner, above this post, need to keep the lights on in this BLOG!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home