Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Sit-N-Go Grinding

Sit-N-Go play started out so bad last night. I had a nice stack in four of them at once, yet managed to bubble all four. In one of them I was the chip leader and managed to get it all in on a flop of 7-8-J with 2 hearts. I held bottom set with pocket sevens, my opponents had pocket eights for middle set and the other a flush draw. The flush draw got there on the turn but the board paired so he knocked out the flush and crippled me. I had two other Sit-N-Gos going at the same time and got heads up in both of them. That is the good news; bad news is I got it in way ahead in both and got sucked out on for huge pots. In the one it was A-J sooted against A-2 off, rivered 2. Other one was A-10 off against K-9 off, turned a nine. Maybe I am playing heads up too aggressive. Are any of my readers able to get away from A-J sooted heads up? Overall I played 14 Sit-N-Gos last night, took 6 seconds, 1 first, and 1 third. It was a winning night but I want to get more firsts when heads up. Especially in 5 of the 6 I had a chip lead at one point when heads up. Live Hi/Lo Stud play went terrible last night. Note to self don’t play Hi/Lo Stud while playing short-handed in 6 Sit-N-Gos at once. We were down to 5 or less players in all six and I had the stupid Hi/Lo Stud table going. Really need to pay attention to the cards that are out when playing Hi/Lo. So I took a beating, wiping out my Sit-N-Go profit and then some at the live game. Oh well tonight I will grind at least 12 more Sit-N-Gos. I want to have at least 60 put away before Saturday, so I will only need to put in at most 40 to complete a block of 100 for the High Orbit on Poker Stars. BTW – I almost had enough points to cash in my first block of 20 , the low orbit but I am a little short. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Isn't the point of HU is HUGE swings of variance? I would think as long as your making the right decisions and getting in good then your doing it right. Your going to have HUGE swings though with HU because it is the nature of the game.

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

I agree with you but I seemto run sick bad when I get heads up from a 9 man sng. When I play Heads up sngs I kick ass, cashing in like 70% of them. BTW I work in tech also, maybe that's why I like your sick humor, lol. Keep up the good posts! Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home