Monday, December 28, 2009

Tournament Leader Board

Yesterday I went MTT crazy on Poker Stars. I have an outside chance of cashing in the top 200 on their Monthly Tournament Leader Board. I decided to go for it after I figured out that the winner of that crazy Donkament(Guinness Record MTT) would get enough points to be close to the winner of the Monthly TLB. I ran it through their point calculator and if the tournament ended up with 300K players than the winner would get over 6000 TLB points! The leader for the month has 8000 right now so 19 other small cashes would be enough to take the lead for the month. Not too shabby being the leader wins 3K and a ticket into a 20K freeroll. Also those points are good for the weekly and yearly boards. I have a respectable score for both the monthly and yearly boards for December and 2009 as a whole. I think next year I will start early so I can have a shot for a cash on the yearly leader board. It really motivates me to shoot for a cash in these promotions. Plus it gives me a way to measure my MTT skills against the rest of the world. I like the way Stars makes it more of a skill test being they only take a certain number of cashes for each board. In other words for the weekly they take your best 10, monthly best 20, and yearly best 100. At Full Tilt it’s all about whoever can put in the sickest amount of volume will win their leader boards. I guess if you play for a living you would prefer Full’s method. So I am declaring this a goal for 2010, want to cash on the yearly leader board on Stars. Being I play very low limit MTTs this will be a hard goal to accomplish. The way they calculate the scores is by the buy in, number of players, and finish. You get points for finishing in the top 15%. Wish my luck, will update how I am doing maybe once a month. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

2 Comments:

At 4:37 AM , Blogger G said...

New reader of your blog,I have been playing about 2 months.I have had some success in the first month playing tight in STTs.Been suffering lately probably down to thinking i'm better than I am
Tomorrow night I'm in my first MTT,do I just stay tight and play as I would on a STT
any good tips or articles to read .I'm new to this and need all the help I can get.

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

G,

Pocketfives.com has good articles. I would read Harrington on Holdem also. I would play tight early in an MTT and then open up my game later on. Thanks for reading my BLOG. GL with the MTTs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home