Wednesday, December 27, 2006

$20-40 at the Borgata.

I finally have some time to post about our trip to the Borgata in Atlantic City, from this weekend. We both gave $20-40
a try with good results. I only played for an hour, lost my nerve. Knew I wasn't playing well being the stakes were
higher then usual for me. That saying about scared money not winning in Poker is so true. Here is an example of missed
bets by me. I had 2 Queens and raised pre-flop. Only the Big and small blinds called my raise. Flop came all rags,
they checked and I bet. Both of them called. A king fell on the turn. They checked and I checked behind. Another rag
fell on the river and they both checked. Normally in $10-20 or $5-10 this is an automatic bet for me. Being they
checked twice odds are my 2 queens are good. I checked behind and won the pot with my 2 queens. One player told me he
had A-10 for a pair of tens. He would have called my river bet. I hate when I play too cautious. There were other
hands like this. So I moved to a $10-20 game soon after this. My wife did great. She left the table up $575 after 2
hours. We then got seated together at one of the loosest $10-20 games I have ever been at. We had on average 7 people
seeing the flop. Some hands would be 6 players in for 3 bets pre-flop. The hands that were winning were total garbage.
It would be like tens and fours winning a pot when he rivered his 4! Aces and Kings were getting cracked all the time.
I don't care what the books say this kind of game is tough to beat. Not unbeatable just very tough. We both got killed
in this game for 3 hours before we decided to leave. We lost 25 BB each at this game. My wife wound up leaving the day
with a small win. I suffered my first big setback in awhile. Oh well can't win everytime. We may give the $20-40 game
another go this weekend. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home