Monday, April 30, 2007

Blogger donkament.

Played in the Blogger Race for the Bracelets tournament last night on Fulltilt. Had a lot of fun, always do playing with my fellow Bloggers. I did ok, came in 30 out of 54 players. At one time I was at top the leader board. I started out playing great, but then became weak tight. I hate playing that way! Three times I opened for the pot and when someone came over the top of me I folded. That is just weak poker period. Then when I decided to make my stand I ran into A-K twice, both times I was insta-called and insta-dominated. One hand early in the tournament I got a really lucky flop. Also thought I was able to extract maximum value for the hand. I had pocket Kings in early position. I brought it in for my standard bring in of the pot. (I am lazy so I like to click the bet pot button on Fulltilt.) Took the flop heads up. The flop came gin for me a deuce, and two Kings with 2 diamonds on the boards. I checked and my opponent bet the pot. I was seeing stars in my eyes. Turn was a blank and I made a weak lead at the pot for the 100T. He raised me 300T and I smooth called. River was a perfect 7 of diamonds. I bet the minimum of 100T and he raised me 400T. I paused for effect and re-raised him 700T, careful to leave him enough chips behind that he could call me. He called and I dragged down a nice pot. My opponent had A-J of diamonds. What a bad flop for him and great one for me. It’s not often you flop quads and get paid off on them. I have a few more interesting hands from the tournament that I will write about during this week. Will be playing in more of these Blogger tournament in the next few weeks. That’s it for today. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home