Tuesday, May 08, 2007

More $10-20 at the Borgata.

We played a lot of $10-20 LHE at the Borgata this weekend. My results were mixed, finished with a very small win. Of course that includes, rake, tips for the dealers, and drinks. I always count them as part of my expenses of playing. Like I wrote in my last post, there were many strange hands going on at the table we played at. In this particular hand I am dealt pocket 2s in the bid blind. The under the gun player limped, everyone folded to the cut off who brought it in for a raise. This guy was playing almost every hand dealt, so I didn’t give his raise any respect. I called as well as the under the gun player. The 3 of us saw a flop of 3-5-8 offsuit. A pretty raggy flop for sure. The flop was checked around. The turn came with a 3. We checked to the cutoff who bet out. I knew the 3 didn’t help his hand, he was stealing in position. I made the mistake of calling his bet, should have raised and knocked out the player in between us. The river brought a 4 which to me looked like a very safe card. So I bet out and the next player called me very fast. The cutoff shook his head and thought forever. After 2 minutes he folded his hand. I was about to muck my 2s, knowing they weren’t good. I decided to show them just for table image. The other player showed 2s also and we split the pot. The pre-flop raiser seamed very mad, guess he folded the winner. How could he call me with pocket 2s on the river? What a weird hand. Let this be a reminder, never muck your hand until you see your opponent’s cards! Things like this keep happening over and over again at this table. This table was one of the most profitable sessions I had this weekend. The play was just so bad. Of course I took a beating at other tables to cancel out this win. I will write about some interesting tournament hands from this weekend in the coming days. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home