Friday, June 22, 2007

WSOP Stud

I haven’t written much about my wife’s big success at the WSOP this year. She took 17th out of around 390 players in the Stud $1500. This was her first live stud tournament and only 2nd WSOP event. I like to think it’s from my teachings but my results at the WSOP are just horrible. I have played in seven events and not cashed in even one! I only taught my wife how to play poker around two years ago. She didn’t even know which hand beats which. She had never played a single hand of Poker before I taught her. So this win was really a big achievement. I am very proud of her play. She went into day two with a very short stack. At one time she had built it up to 48,000T and was in 4th right behind the chip leaders. The one problem she had is that Greg Raymor owned her at the table she played at. We have watched him play in the WSOP hundreds of times. For some reason my wife never believed that he had the had he was representing. Time and time again he had it. One hand he brought it in for a raise with a jack on 3rd street. My wife had a pair of tens and called his bets on every street. By the end his unimproved Jacks beat her unimproved tens. This hand cost her 80% of her chips and took all the wind out of her sails. Moral of this post is don’t think you have a line on someone’s play just because you have watched them play on TV! She gained some valuable, in the money experience and is ready to get back up on the horse and play again. Looks like the USPC and Foxwoods this fall for us. We will both play in all the Stud events we can. Good luck at the tables. Tony

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

Rodrigo,

Sorry English only please. Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home