Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More Short-handed play.

Short-handed play is really tough! Played for two hours last night. Couldn’t get anything good to happen. I was quickly down fifteen big bets. Could never get back to even. I keep starting with medium pocket pairs. Never flopped a set, around 15 pocket pairs. Had a real donkey on my right, who was playing and raising every hand. In 2 hours he lost over $500 at $3-6! I decided to play the isolation game with him. He brings it in for a raise and I three bet with A-Q, pocket tens, and pocket nines. Lost all three hands. The pocket tens really hurt. Flop was 9-9-3, he bets and I raise. Turn was a Jack, he checks and I bet. River was a blank, think a two. He bets out and I call. Hmm what does he have? J-7 offsuit of course. Problem was I wasn’t able to isolate him, in most hands. Everyone at the table knew what was going on. I started raising light knowing he was playing junk. The table picked up on this and called my raises light also. One luckbox at the table flopped three sets and quads in one hour. Of course against me twice when I flopped top pair top kicker. After the donkey went broke I moved to a new table. Made a small comeback, ended the day down 24 BB. Not a terrible loss but against these weak players I should have crushed the games. In two hours no Aces, Queens, or Jacks.(Kings once that won the blinds!) Also not a single flopped set, straight, or flush. Not unheard of but unlucky anyway. I will give it another short try tonight. Am going out to play some Sit-N-Gos at my cousin’s house. Always a good time even though I rarely win in this donkfest. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home