Thursday, June 21, 2007

Vegas Locals.

I was playing in a rocking $4-8 with a half kill at Binions during our Vegas trip. I hate playing these “small” games being my smallest live game now is $10-20. For limit I didn’t have choice, being it’s the highest limit game offered downtown. We stayed at the Golden Nugget and it was 11:00pm so I didn’t want to drive to the Rio or Wynn. Just wanted to have some fun splashing around for an hour or two. Something great happened, I went on a sick rush. Won over $400 in 1 hour, gave back around $100 of it. I just kept getting decent starting cards and playing them like a maniac. For some odd reason it worked and I kept dragging down pots. I started with $200 in $1 chips so I didn’t have any room in front of me. I asked my wife to get me 3 racks so I could make some room on the table. This is where the trouble started. An old crabby Vegas local, who was pretty drunk, starts to get nasty with me. She starts complaining that I couldn’t keep my chips in a rack being it will slow the game down. I nicely told her I would keep a working stack of at least $100 in front of me. She then got very rude and keep telling the dealer to make me take my chips out of the racks. A nice local, sitting on my left, stated it was ok as long as my racks touched the table. So I complied but this wasn’t good enough for the old crabby hag. She continued to complain and starting telling me what a lucky idiot I was. She was mad being I was raising every hand I was playing pre-flop. In her eyes I was forcing the table to gamble too much. She got so nasty that I told the dealer I was done for the night. I told the whole table that the “live one” was leaving with all the chips. This is a problem I have with Vegas locals, a lot of them are unhappy and rude at the table. I won’t play in a game where everyone it serious and quiet. When I arrive at the table I try to get people to be happy by joking around and splashing chips around. Like to give the impression that I am a loose tourist out to have a good time only. I do like to have a good time at the table but want to win the money first and foremost. The locals need to work on their tableside manner if they intend to win money and keep the tourists coming back again. Just my two cents on the matter, IMHO. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home