Thursday, June 28, 2007

Live Sit-N-Gos.

No limit Sit-N-Gos are so brutal. Played two of them at my cousin’s house last night. I bubbled in the first one and took 3rd in the second(Which gave my buy in back.) I never am able to win a pre-flop coin toss, when it counts. I pushed with A-Q and got called by K-7, he rivers a 7 and takes many of my chips. On my last hand of the 2nd SNG two players limped ahead of me. I find pocket nines in the bid blind. I push for like almost one third of the chips in play. A-Q insta-calls me, he flops and Ace and a Queen. Of course I don’t improve and I am out. Thought I had him covered but it turns out he had me covered by 100T. I am really starting to hate No Limit Tournaments in general, these days. I played a few live ones, at my brother’s house and the same thing happens over and over. I think the last nine times I have gotten knocked out had the best hand pre-flop and it never holds up. I am talking about A-K against A-9, Pocket eights against A-10, A-Q against J-10, etc. I am either a big favorite or on the better side of a coin toss. I just don’t know how people consistently make money playing these things. Online I have had better luck. Of course these are against donks playing in $11, $22, and $33 SNGs. Really love limit tournaments over no limit. These days it’s getting harder and harder to find a live Stud, Stud hi/lo, or limit HE tournament to play in. My wife and I will try to play in the Stud tournaments at the Taj and Foxwoods this fall. Enough wining for one day. Good luck at the tables. You will need it to win these donkfests J. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home