Friday, August 03, 2007

Home Game.

Played in the home game at my brother Dave’s house last night. I played bad, think was on Online tilt from all the coolers I have been getting lately. Need to have more patience in this game. Instead of making moves need to play ABC poker. The structure is really good so I should just wait for premium hands and play them hard. There is a lot of weak play in this game. I tried to exploit my tight play last night by making moves that all backfired. Early in the first one I raised from late position with 10-8 of spades. Not a great hand but again I was playing my tight image. One player called me and we took the flop heads up 8-9-J with 2 hearts. I bet out my pair/open ender about 75% of the pot. My cousin calls me with either top pair or a flush draw. Turn comes with an off suit 7, gin for me. I bet around half the pot and he insta-calls me. Please no heart and don’t pair the board. The river comes with the Jack of hearts. I check and he goes all in right away. Could he do this with just three Jacks, yes but it didn’t feel right. I folded my hand face up, had enough chips left to continue in the tournament. He had A-4 of hearts caught the nut flush on the river. Maybe I should have pushed on the turn but in this group never know he might have called. I think I made the right play, he was getting like 3-1 for a 4-1 draw so his call was wrong. Oh well another suckout against me. I ended up being the bubble boy in this one in 4th. This second cooler knocked me out of the next tournament. I was semi-short in the small blind with six people left. Everyone limped so I called from the small blind with A-4 off. Big blind checks and we see a flop 6 handed. The flop comes A-4-Q all hearts. I insta-push which is about the size of the pot. Not wanting any flush draws getting there cheap. My brother calls right away and I know exactly what he has. Everyone else folds and I know he has the nut flush. He turns over K-10 of hearts from the big blind!! I am running so bad these days. I don’t improve and am knocked out of this one also. Oh well hopefully I can turn it around online tonight. Good luck at the tables. Tony

Shout out to Cousin Ant. hang in there the fish won't get there everytime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home