Thursday, August 30, 2007

Low Stakes Grind

Last night was more of the same. I keep up with my plan to not play any more SNGs for a while. Just because I have been running so bad in them. Played a hit-n-run session of Limit HE on Full Tilt. Won 16 BBs in 30 minutes, not a bad little session. The play at $1-2 and $2-4 has gotten worse on Full Tilt lately. Here is an example from last night. Under the gun limps and the button raises. In the small blind I have pocket nines, so I three bet. The Big Blind folds and we see a flop three handed of 9-10-5 with two diamonds. I check, under the gun bets and the button calls. I check raise and only the under the gun player calls. The turn brings the 4 of diamonds. I bet out and he raises, on what is an obvious flush to me. I call and the river is the beautiful 5 of hearts. I bet and he raises, it’s gets capped on the river. What hand do you think he has…hmm. No suspense here King-Seven of Diamonds. I wish there was no cap heads up online, like in real life. This donkey might have put in 6 bets before realizing he was beat. His play overall was just terrible. Why limp under the gun with that cheese? Then going to war on the river made no sense either. Only thing I can think of is he put me on pocket Aces or Queens. (Not Kings being he had one.) Then again he probably didn’t put me on anything. Just played his cards thinking he was going to drag down a nice pot. I need to start moving up, like I was doing before the government’s crackdown. I was up to $5-10 limit and winning on a consistent basis. These days my bankroll is too small for that limit. I am stuck beating up the donks at $1-2/$2-4. It’s a grind but I am clearing a bonus/rakeback by playing everyday. That’s it for today. Good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Just a reminder to please click through on my Google Adsense banner above. I need to pay the bills : - ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home