Friday, January 18, 2008

No Longer Running Good

All good things must come to an end. That must be true or maybe me writing about running good just jinxed me. My winning streak came to a crashing end last night. I played a little over two hours of short-handed Limit HE. (Was multi-tabling three games at once.) At one point I was down 100BBs! I had Aces cracked 5 times, all in cruel sick ways. My draws rarely got there. I don’t know how many times I lost with medium pocket pairs to Ace rag hands. Not only was I running bad but also started to play bad to make things worse. So I decided to take a break to walk my dog and start over again. I started again fresh and started to play lock down poker. Things turned around and I ended the night down 60BBs. Not a great result but felt good about making a comeback. I also played in a Satellite to win an FTOPS seat for their short-handed Limit HE event. Things were going well when we got to the final table with 5 people left. They were giving one seat away and paying 2nd and 3rd a nice chunk of change. I ran into the brick wall again. Second best hands and a lot of missed flops. My final hand was just brutal, flopped two pairs from the big blind. There was an Ace on the board, which I knew he had. I played the hand aggressively to try to build up some chips. The turn and river both came with eights, counterfeiting my two pairs. I got knocked out by Ace rag, the old A-5 off to be exact. Limit HE can be so frustrating. Borgata trip this weekend baby! I can’t wait need some Rest/Relaxation big time. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home