Thursday, January 17, 2008

Still Running Good

My running good at the short-handed Limit tables continued again last night. Really feels like I have got this game figured out. Avoided playing suited connectors being most pots were 3 handed or heads up. Big cards and pairs have been working for me fine. If I am first in I will raise with any two big cards or a pair. Even hands like A-9 off are worth a raise if first in. If someone else is already in my starting standards go way up. I won’t even play A-10 if some one has already limped. If it had been raised I usually throw away A-J. These simple rules have been working great for me lately. Last night I made 20BBs in an hour. Not as good as Tuesday night but great anyway. This is also helping me clear my special Ironman Bonus from December on FullTilt. Playing shorthanded the table generates rake really fast. This helps when clearing a bonus and earns rake back at a good pace. Hope I am not jinxing myself by writing about running good again. Don’t think the owners of FullTilt read my BLOG so the bad beat switch shouldn’t be thrown on me – LOL. Speaking of bad beats I took an especially bad one early in my session last night. I raised, under the gun with pocket Kings. Only the big blind saw a flop with me K-5-6. I bet every street and got raised on the river with my set of Kings. The river was an off suit 3 what do you think my opponent had? I won’t keep you in suspense any longer, 2-4 off? Yup got hit on the head by the old 2 by 4 hand. Guy must be a carpenter playing that for a raise – LOL. A half an hour later I got satisfaction when I busted him off the table. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home