Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Steps and the 2008 WSOP

Started to turn my Step play around last night. I played 3 step 1s, with good results. In one I took a bad beat to only win a repeat step 1, in another I won a Step 2 ticket, and in the third played well but didn’t cash. Now I have 2 Step 4s and 1 Step 2. If you add up the value of these steps, they are worth more than the amount of money I have spent on Step 1s. Not a whole lot more but I am showing a profit. The big question is, will I be able to get to Step 6 and extract some money out of this money pit? Read all about Mitch’s quest on the steps at O-Poker and he seems to consider the Steps a big money leak also. Problem is I love the challenge of getting up to Step 6 and making a nice score from it. Every day I go home from work’s grind and look forward to playing a Step SNG. I have paid for over 50 Step 1s now, a little over $400 invested. So to show a small profit I have to come in at 6th in a Step 6 for a $500 cash. Of course if I come in 5th or better it will be a $1000 or better score! Than the dream of taking a Step 6 down and going to the big dance is always in the back of my mind. Thing is the Wife and I have a trip planned for the WSOP this year but can only go once for around a week. We have been holding off making the reservations to see if I can take down a Step 6. If not we are going week 3, I believe. We are playing in the $1500 RAZZ and Stud events, at the very least. I really want to play in the Hi/Lo Stud $5000 championship event, being this is my favorite/best game. Problem is 5K is too steep for me to pay for one tournament. Will either get my brothers to take a piece of me or will try to satellite in. Satellite route is just so brutal. I tried that last year and got coolered so bad that it stung for 2 days. I had a King high flush in 5 cards, with a big lead when down to 5 players. I played it aggressively only to lose most of my chips to a player that rivered an Ace high flush on me. If I win that hand I have most of the chips at the table. Would have been in a position to cut a deal for a big percentage of the tournament chips awarded. Otherwise I would have been able to bully the table around being next closest person would have been at a 5-1 chip disadvantage. Of well no use crying over spilled milk. I really wanted to play in that event last year, was the $2500 Hi/Lo Stud event. Of well I will get them this year. Of course this is all a mute point, if I win a Step 6 it will be the main event for me! I can’t wait to go to this year’s WSOP! Of no I have said it now you guys/girls will read it a hundred times before June – LOL. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home