Saturday, August 23, 2008

Full Tilt Daily Double

I almost double cashed in the Double last night. I took 102 in the "B" tournament and around 300th in the "A". The way I got knocked out in the "A" was just so sick. My table was crazy and I was starting to get short with an M of 7. I get dealt pocket Queens when 3 people go all in ahead of me, 2 of them I have covered. The Big Blind, who was a Huge Stack calls all 4 all ins. I am against pocket Tens, pocket eights, pocket fives, and J-6 off for the huge stack. The flop comes with a six and the river comes with the fatel six to send me home relatively close to the money. I ran the hand through a poker odds calculator, wasn't sure of the suits but I was 55% to win pre-flop. I almost laid it down pre-flop, if I had more chips I would have. Oh well another case of making the right decision, long term, but not getting rewarded now. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats rough! At least you were a favorite, I had the same hand recently and I was a huge dog. QQ vs. AA and it just so happened to be in the biggest sng I've ever played in live or online and it just so happened to be the first hand. I was crushed along with my bankroll!

I was trying to play it straight and follow the ten buy in rule (i.e., bankroll/10 = largest sng buyin) but after bubbling two and getting donked out of a third, I got a little pissed and decided to push it. I put just about my whole bankroll on the line.

Any tips or tricks to getting yourself to stay on track bankroll wise?

Thanks,

Jonathan Powell

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

Jon,

There are no tricks. Just need to keep your head and not go on tilt. I follow a 50 buyin rule myself. My cousin does well except when starts taking shots at the higher buyins and risks going broke. You need to grind it out and move up to the next level only when your roll is big enough. Tony

 
At 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Tony! I know this and I've gotten better about it recently. Lesson learned, an expensive lesson but a valuable one.

I just moved so I've got a lot of posts to catch up on... keep up the good work!

Jonathan Powell

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home