Monday, August 03, 2009

Limit Bad, No Limit Good

I have decided that playing Limit HE sucks big time. I played great on Friday, had to 4 table for 3 hours to maintain my status on Poker Stars, yet got my ass handed to me losing 60BBs. Flopped 7 sets, in that time, and got rivered in 5 of them. Problem is playing on weekends is such a crap shoot playing Online in Low Limit games. The variance is even more than I am willing to stomach. So I decided to give low limit No Limit a try. Felt so much more comfortable with so much less variance. Also I read an article, about No Limit cash games, in Card Player that totally helped my game. I have given up on the hit-n-run strategy that I employed in the past. Instead I buy in for the max and want to build up a stack to have the whole table covered. Also try to be the best player at the table, which at the low limits isn’t very difficult to do. When I choose a table if there are some huge stacks there I just avoid it. Huge stacks means either they got real lucky or they are playing well enough to crush the table. This may be my new maintain status, earn rake back, and clear bonus grinding strategy. (Say that 5 times quickly.) Also Sit-N-Gos are going fine for me so I will continue with them. Just missed cashing in the Battle of the Planets on Saturday so I will give it another go this week. I played my Step 9 yesterday on Ultimate Bet and lost it but won a repeat Step 8 ticket so will have to play it this week to get back up. That has been a really good bonus clearing/status maintenance for me. So far I have paid cash for 6 Step ones, total cost of 66 cents and I still have a Step 8 and a Step 2. Also must of cleared $50 in bonus money by playing in the Steps so it’s all good! Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home