Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sit-N-Go Variance

Last night was one of those sick bad Sit-N-Gos nights that come around every once in awhile. You know the nights I am talking about, when you shove A-J sooted into A-5 off and he 4 flushes you. It’s ok to happen once but when you got 4 flushed 3 times within 15 minutes it started to really sting. Luckily for me I decided to shut down the Sit-N-Gos before I could do some real damage to the roll. Instead I fired up the Hi/Lo Stud Ring tables at Stars and Absolute. I won almost enough at Hi/Lo Stud to cover my Sit-N-Go losses, so no real harm done. If only I could recognize these nights in advance I could prevent the bankroll damage that occurs like once a week to me. It feels like once a week I have a day where I wipe out at least 3 days of gains all at once. Maybe I should employ the Jennifer Harmon stop loss of 30BBs a session for Limit games and figure out an equivalent amount of buy ins for Sit-N-Gos. Maybe if down 5 buy ins I should just pack it in for the day and battle again tomorrow. Even though they say its one long session I can’t play well after getting 4 flushed in 3 Sit-N-Gos or getting sucked out by the one card in the deck in Hi/Lo Stud to beat me on the river 5 times in a row. OK rant over, thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home