Monday, January 15, 2007

Elks Tournament

Played a $55 No Limit Tournament at a local Elks Club. We had 40 players with 4 spots paid. The people that ran the
tournament did a fine job, eventhough it was there first foray into running a tournament. One problem is that the 2 of
them set up and ran the tournament and they both played in it. Neither of them got very far. Probably being there was
too much to do and play at the same time. Not to mention the conflict of interest they both had when they made a ruling
on a problem! I had a nice run of cards early and build up a nice stack. After 2 hours I became card dead, had to fold
hand after hand. With the blinds at 400-800 I was down to 2500T about 18 left. I needed to get a hand and push in. I
got two 7s and pushed. One person called and I doubled up. I then went on a rush getting some hands and just plain
bullying people off their hands. When we got to the final table I was the chip leader. To make a long story short I
ended up in 3rd place, won $350. Not bad for 4 hours of work/play. They plan on running these once a month. If they
invite me back I will play. My brother and I both had a great time at the Elks. Good Luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home