Thursday, May 31, 2007

A crazy hand.

This post is about a hand I playing in around 10 years ago at the Tropicana in Atlantic City. We were playing in the New Jersey State Poker championship. The tournament was Hi/Lo Stud for a $120 buyin. By the way Hi/Lo is my favorite game of all time. The Trop. used to have a weekly tournament on Sundays that I would play in as often as possible. My father and I both won it multiple times. Anyway back to the hand. I was in a pot in which a steel wheel got only quarter of the pot! (For those of you who don’t know a steel wheel is like the Royal Flush of Hi/Lo Stud, it’s A-2-3-4-5 suited.) I ended up with ½ the pot by rivering a straight flush J to 7 in spades. I had a straight and 4 straight flush in 5 cards. From 5th to 7th street the betting was capped. The lucky person in between us caught his wheel on the river. The steel wheel had it on 6th street. It was one of the most exciting hands I have ever been in. Basically there was so much noise at our table, when the hands were shown, that the whole tournament stopped for a few minutes. I only thought about the hand being I may be playing in the $2000 Hi/Lo Stud tournament at the WSOP. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home