Friday, May 25, 2007

WSOP Training.

My WSOP training continues. Played in a $55 HORSE tournament on Fulltilt last night. Was card dead for the entire tournament, couldn’t steal a pot either. Yet I still finished in 9th out of 19 players. The result isn’t important. What is important is that I got that far without cards in a limit tournament. If it was no limit I could have played the players, not my cards only. Limit is somewhat of a card catching contest. Also getting the most value out of the hands you make. Felt I played almost perfect poker yet the cards wouldn’t cooperate. What can you do this happens sometimes. My best hand in the limit holdem leg was A-10 off. I don’t think I was dealt a single pair the entire tournament. In all the legs of HORSE I was completely card dead, except in RAZZ. I did start with some monsters in this leg, A-3-5, 2-3-5, and A-2-6. Think I won 2 of these hands. Actually RAZZ kept me alive in this tournament. I have been complaining about how bad I have been running in RAZZ lately. I noticed that being the players were better in this tournament they were easier to get off hands. When I play in $11 HORSE or $22 RAZZ tournaments people catch a King on 4th and a 10 on 5th yet still chase to the river. In a way this is good for me, when I am making hands. When I am pairing up it can be devastating. I will play a few more HORSE tournaments in the next 2 weeks. Need to get primed up for the WSOP. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home