Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More $10-20 at the Borgata.

This is another post about the juicy $10-20 LHE game I played at the Borgata this weekend. What a great game it was. Even though I ran into some really bad coolers I still managed to make over 20BB in 4 hours of play. (In a previous post I told about running into quads 2 times in a half an hour.) One time I had a full house, the other time had A-K, flopped top pair, top kicker. I somehow managed to not lose all my money in these hands. People were making the dumbest bluffs at this table, which made it hard to lay a hand down. One player kept bluffing at me over and over. In this particular hand I got the best of him, needed a little luck also. In middle position I brought it in for a raise with pocket Kings. Four of us saw flop of K-9-8 off. (Great flop for me.) The bluffer led out and 1 person limped in between us. I raised and the limper in between folded for 1 more bet. (A strange play at this table or any other for that matter.) The turn brings what I thought was a harmless 10. Let me back up this player and I had a history of confrontations at this table. I snapped off 3 of his bluffs in the last hour. It felt like he was always playing at me, trying to bull me out of the pots. He checks the turn and I fire out a bet. He check-raises me instantly. To me it looks like a total bluff, so I three bet. He raises again, so now I know he really did hit the gut shot on the turn. Before the river comes he bets in the dark. I pick up $40 and hold it waiting for the river. He starts goating me into raising him before the river comes. This to me is a tell also that he has the straight. I get saved on the river when a beautiful 8 comes to pair the board. I raise and get paid off. What a nice re-suck of a large pot that was. He was steamy big time after this hand. BTW he did have J-Q off, which he called 2 bets cold pre-flop! This player went through $800 in 3 hours and was still playing after I left. Got to love deep-pocketed over-aggressive bluffers. BTW there was plenty of drinking going on at the table, which is always a good sign. Later on I will post about some more interesting hands from this game. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home