Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Turning it Around.

May be turning around my running bad at tournaments/SNGs. Actually had a slightly positive night. Played in a Hi/Lo turbo SNG on Stars, which didn’t go too well. Got sucked out on big time in one hand. Started with pocket Kings and made Kings up on 5th. Donkey chased me until the river with split jacks. Which I knew he had being he raised on 3rd and I re-raised him. He of course caught a third Jack on the river and I was left shaking my head. Was thinking it’s going to be another one of those nights. Finished shortly after this hand in 6th. While this was going on I started playing a $22 turbo HORSE satellite for the WCOOP $215 HORSE event. This one was paying seven entries with 8-11 getting their $22 back, also 12th getting $7 back. I bubbled in eighth and got my money back. Didn’t feel bad being when we were down to 14, in the HE leg, I got all in against 2 players with K-J. My K-J held up unimproved, felt like I was free-rolling the rest of the tournament! Really wanted to win a seat, will try again tonight. Have plenty of time being the event is in the middle of September. While this was winding down I started playing a double heads up shootout on FullTilt for a tournament token. Like I have said before I cash in like 75% of these token SNGs. I quickly destroyed my first opponent. My second one was a little tougher but I took him down and won the token. Making my night positive by a few bucks. These double shootouts are a great value for your time and money. It costs $6.50+.40 rake to play in these. That is only a 6% rake which is very low. Also these usually take less then an hour to win. You win a $26 token good for any of their tournaments or satellites. I would highly recommend giving them a try. If you are not a member of FullTilt please click on my banner at the top of this BLOG to give them a try. (I could use the affiliate bonus : - ).) Good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – I have been averaging 20 Readers of this BLOG a day for the last few weeks. Thanks so much for your support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home