Monday, December 03, 2007

Live Poker is so rigged!

Live poker is so rigged! I apologize for this rant about limit poker. My cousin and I spent the weekend at the Borgata. I played about 14 hours of $10-20 and just got beat up the whole weekend. I never got Aces or queens the whole time. Got Kings four times but went 0-4 with them! Twice I got it heads up pre-flop. I lost to 4-9 off and 5-7 sooted. Both of them defended their big blind. They both flopped bottom pair and chased to the river. The 4-9 play was just so bad. He caught a second 4 on the river and I bet out. He didn’t even raise me with his miracle three fours! I am running so bad at live poker right now. This was my third beating in a row at $10-20. Didn’t even feel I played that bad yesterday. Except for one 30 minute period where I seamed off 10 BBs. Everyone talks about these bad periods in poker, but playing through them is just so depressing. Onto the good news. My cousin Ant. kicked some butt in live tournament this weekend. On Saturday he played in the $250 satellite to the Ultimate satellite on Sunday. He won his seat into Sunday’s $1100 satellite. It had 202 entries, giving away 4 50K packages and one cash place paid. The packages were a dream for any serious poker player. Entry into the WPT championship, Entry into the Borgata open, and entry into the Foxwoods WPT event and $4500 in spending cash. A very nice package indeed. He played well, outlasted more then half the field. He went down swinging, pushing A-10 from the button into the big blinds A-K. Also played in a $120 SNG and chopped it heads up. He will acquire a big score in a live tournament one of these days. He like me is long overdue for a big score. I can’t wait for this bad streak to end. I will try to play through it online for now. Good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Thanks again to everyone for clicking through on my google adsense banner above this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home