Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Going Deep in MTTs

ShipThis went deep in two MTTs yesterday. He didn’t make a big score but cashed and went far anyway. Spoke to him about the tournaments this morning. Can’t seam to get those 2.5 to 1 favorites to hold up. I feel the same way also. I got knocked out of eight live tournaments/SNGs in a row with pocket jacks. Half of them I was a 2.5 to 1 favorite in. That is the thing about poker 2.5-1 isn’t that great of an advantage. Short term there is just so much luck involved to win a big MTT. (I am talking fields of 1000 or more.) The stars really need to be aligned in order for you to final table a big MTT. My hat is off to the tournament pro that plays these MTTs live day after day. The frustration level has got to be so high. You can easily get your money in with the best hand ten tournaments in a row and still loss every one of them! What else can you do but get it in good and hope to win? I really believe you will be rewarded, in the long run. Just can be very painful to wait for the luck to even out. I know ShipThis is due for a really big score one of these days. Keep at it and you will be rewarded. As for me that big score just doesn’t seam to be around the corner anytime soon. I want mine to come at the WSOP this year. Maybe I can win the $1500 RAZZ or the $5000 Hi/Lo Stud. I can’t wait for the WSOP! Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home