Friday, February 01, 2008

Short-Handed Limit HE

Wow the variance in short-handed Limit HE can be huge sometimes. Last night I sat down in a crazy short-handed game on CakePoker. Got myself in a hole real fast, after twenty minutes of play I was down 43BBs! What happened is some donk, who was playing every hand, went on a sick rush. He was almost busted, down to 5BBs, when he started hitting every flop and river. The weird thing was he always seamed to have a five in his hand and a five kept coming on the river to pair the board. He was winning hands with three fives, ten kicker. One hand he made two pairs on the river Kings and fives to crack my Big slick. It got so bad that everyone else at the table left and we starting playing heads up. Normally I would have just left and went to another table. In this case I was steaming and down 25BBs to this donk. So I played him heads up and he just beat me every hand. I won like one hand, that went to a flop, from him. I had pocket fours and flopped a set. Flop comes A-Q-4 and I am thinking yatzee being I raised it up and he may have a piece of that. Nope he folded to my flop bet! After he took 18BBs from me he abruptly left the table. The smoke was coming out of my ears. I decided to take a break to go walk my dog and clear my head. I came back fifteen minutes later to start my session fresh. This really seams to help me when I am rattled from bad beats. Turns out it worked great. At my new table I started winning right away. I came all the way back to actually being up a little within an hour. My clear head and flopping three sets got my back. I ended the night down a few BBs, like five. The results aren’t important, the fact that I was able to get away from the tilt and start over is. Learning to put up with some sick variance is very important when playing in these short-handed games. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Thanks for clicking through on my Google adsense banner above this post, keep it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home