Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MTT Variance

The variance in tournaments is so high. Last night I wrote about losing three in a row with pocket Aces. Last week I went nineteen MTTs without a cash. Then on Saturday night I came in second in an Omaha Hi/Lo one and almost wiped out all of the losses from the nineteen. This is why bankroll management is so important. No wonder a lot of the pros are broke, at times. Unless you have a huge amount of money, in savings, MTTs are a hard way to make a living. As for cash games, last night I crushed them again. Won 20BBs in less then two hours of short-handed Limit. Actually was up a lot more but went on a losing streak at a table of donks. I could have kept playing, would have won it all back but I was tired and wanted to watch High Stakes on GSN. I hooked up the DVD recorder I bought my wife for Christmas, so I am know burning DVDs of all our favorite Poker shows. We have over 500 VHS tapes, all over our house. I will transfer them to DVD one of these days.(Actually will take months!) Anyway I am rambling today. I miss my wife and my life being normal again. Hopefully she will come home this weekend. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home