Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Nightly Grind

Another night, another near bubble finish. I played in a bounty No Limit tournament on Ultimate last night. A little over 550 entries with the top 50 getting paid. From 120 left until I got knocked out I was short stacked and card dead. I kept making the right all in move to win the Blinds and Antes, just to survive. When we got down to 55 players I only had a little more then double the big blind left. In the cut off I get dealt A-10 off, can probably fold it and fold every hand until my big blind to squeak into the money. Instead, like the man I am, push all in and hope for no action. Nope the big blind, who was pretty short also, calls me with the monster Q-6 off. Granted he was priced in against my range. Of course he flops a queen and turns a six for good measure. I don’t know maybe I should have folded and got back double my buy in for 50th. Then again if I double up there I am guaranteed a money finish and maybe I can go deeper in it. On the cash front again I had a great night last night. I won 22BBs in two hours of play at short-handed limit. The cash games keep my roll healthy while I take shots at making a big score in an MTT. This is the way I have been rolling lately. Last month I lost 50% of my cash game profits to MTTs, this month I am down about 30% already. Probably should just stick to cash games and play the lottery : - ). Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home