Thursday, February 14, 2008

Now A-K Suited Hates Me

First a few days ago I couldn’t get Aces to hold up, now it’s A-K suited! Last night I lost three All-ins with A-K suited against A-J off, all three times! I had been chipping up nicely in a bounty No Limit tournament on Ultimate when I got them the first time. I pushed over a raiser for three times his bet, had him covered, he insta-calls with his A-J off, which just can’t be good. He spikes a jack and doubles through me. An hour later, with a still healthy stack, I push all in over a huge stack. He insta-calls, as if he knows he’s ahead, jack on the river and I go home. The other lose was on FullTilt in a token satellite, this one made more sense. In the proceeding orbit I had gotten three great hands and had pushed with them, no one looked me up. So I pushed again with A-K suited and the big blind looked me up with A-J off. Jack on the flop and IGH pretty close to the bubble. Forget about winning races, why can’t I at least win as a 2.5-1 favorite? On the good news front I moved up in stakes at a short-handed Limit cash game and held my own. Usually when I move up I get spanked and moved back down. I turned a few big bets profit at the higher level. Will give it another try tonight. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home