Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Jackpot Fever

Jackpot madness has hit UltimateBet this weekend. As of last night the Bad beat Jackpot had hit a sick 440K! I chatted with one player at the table and he said he had been playing for 50 hours straight! Funny thing is I played on Saturday, Sunday, and yesterday and he was on all three days. Could have been on only the same times as me but I had jumped on and off multiple times all three days.(He was on at all these times!) I got hooked myself being the Jacpot is “Due”! Best chance to get a piece of it was to play at the .50-1.00 Limit tables.(Being there were 20 tables going.) When it’s hit everyone at tables of the same denomination gets a piece of the Jackpot. The players at the actual table get the most but everyone else gets a share. It’s fun, but it adds a lottery fever to the poker tables. I wonder if it really is worth playing at these tables, they rake an extra .50 of each pot over I think $5.00. Which means you are losing .75 on pots of 5.00(5 % + .50). Can you really win playing under these conditions? Well I tried it out this weekend with positive results. I played over 10 hours and won over 2 BBs an hour, over this period. Not a lot of money but I cleared a lot of bonus and am helping maintain my VIP status. Tonight, if it hasn’t been hit I will be at it again. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home