Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bounty Tournaments.

Hoy may be the King of the Fifty/Fifty’s but I am turning into the King of Low Limit Bounty Tournaments! Last night I again went deep in the UltimateBet 6:00 $6.50 bounty tournament. I finished in 21th out of 432 players.(50 spots were paid.) Amazing thing is I got no cards for the first 2 hours. I only won two hands total before the money bubble burst. It sounds crazy but no pocket pairs, A-K, or A-Q until the money bubble burst. This is the third straight Bounty tournament I have cashed in. The strategy in these changes from a regular tournament. People are more likely to call your all ins light, do to the extra incentive of getting your bounty. Also when a shorty goes all in I try to isolate even more then usual, being I want his bounty myself. Of course you have to dodge even more bullets to make the money in these. Trying to steal pots early in these is a recipe for disaster! Until half the field is eliminated do not try to steal at all. You will be banging your head against the wall thinking, “How can he call me on the river with A-10 high!”. If you have patience to pick your spots well can make a lot of money in these. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home