Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another Nice Score

I am running so goot right now. I cashed in the Sunday Major on Ultimate for $400, not bad for a $10.50 investment. Then last night I took down a large field MTT on Ultimate. I won the 6:00 $6.50 Bounty tournament! First prize was a Roll building $540, also received 7 bounties for another $7. Felt I played well through out the whole tournament. No major suck outs but I did win a few races here and there. Also twice I cracked Kings with an Ace/Face, once A-J other A-10 suited. These were suck outs but 2 and ½ favorites don’t always hold up : -). At the final table I got sandwiched between the two big stacks. On my right was a real lag-tard, min-raising every hand. On my left was a super TAG. So I had to sit on my hands until four players got knocked out. This actually worked out great for me, made me play very patiently. I was folding small pairs below sevens constantly. Also folding nines and tens for re-raises being on any hand you would have to defend with your whole stack. I couldn’t wait to get heads up with the lag-tard, he knocked out half the final table. When heads up began he had a 3-1 chip lead but I knew that wouldn’t last. On the second hand I raise with A-J and he smooth calls. Flop comes Ace high and I C-bet. He comes over the top, like I had seen him do all tournament long. I insta-called just knowing I was good here. He had the all mighty A-3 off. I double up and never look back from there. Heads up lasted a good 30 hands. I hope this keeps up may play in the BoDog Blogger event tonight. BTW – Congrats to Hozayo, he has turned into the King of the 50-50s these days. Click over to his Hammer Player BLOG, on the left, to read about his latest conquest. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home