Sunday, September 07, 2008

Bubbling a Live MTT

My wife and I are in AC this weekend. She is playing in the WPT Ladies Event today at the Borgata! My favorite place to play Poker in the whole world! We both played in the Ceasers Deep Stack Tournament yesterday. 20K in chips with 20 minute levels made for a good value for a $175 buy in. I started out playing well and then built up a huge stack when I was on the good end of a cooler. I won a 45K pot all in pre-flop with Aces against Kings. The guy even said I know you have Aces but I call anyway. Pretty weird being he still had 12K behind with 200-400 blinds. Then I bullied a little and built it up to 60K. I was close to chip leader but started to spew chips. I was playing too many hands and kept bluffing missed draws. Went card dead and shoved for 6 Big blinds with 18 players left, 6 getting paid. I had 6-5sooted and got snap called by a KAG with K-8 off. I flopped a Six but he rivered a King, of the horror of a suck out and re suck out. My wife too the opposite route of me. She started out playing bad and getting unlucky. Became a short stack early but than played lock down solid poker. Choose her spots to shove very well. She got to the final table in the middle of the pack. She played well but the blinds and antes were killing her. There was a shove by a uber-LAG and a call by an older tight player. She saw an opportunity to triple up and make a run for the win so she over called. She fought the good fight and went down swinging. Got knocked out right on the bubble in 7th! Hopefully things will go better for her today in the super Donkey event, um I mean the Ladies WPT event. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

2 Comments:

At 1:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She did very well, too bad she didnt make it to the final 6. Good luck in the future.

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

Thanks for the encouragement and for reading my BLOG! Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home