Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Reversal

Last night was the complete reverse from the night before. I played a one hour session where I could hardly do anything wrong. Only had Aces once but they held up to win a big pot. Kings came twice and I flopped one for good measure both times. Finished the night up 30BBs, thank you very much Donks. It turns out there are some regular players at my level, on Full Tilt that are really bad. I have notes on them so in the lobby they show up with an icon next to their name. Right now I have 3 of them flagged so I look for tables they are at before I go onto the waiting lists. It is so true what many authors say about table selection being a skill in itself. Did have a very disappointing Knockout MTT on Full Tilt. Over 600 Donks(Players) in this with 63 places being paid. I got down to 90 when I decided to shove A-10 from late position, only to run into pocket rockets. Played the MTT so well but came up short. Had some very bad luck trying to get people’s bounties. Every time a short shoved I would call or re-shove but always double them up. This is the first Knockout in awhile that I didn’t collect a single bounty. Did anyone watch the WSOP Post Limit Omaha Championship on ESPN last night? It was very enjoyable to watch something other than No Limit Holdem. The Grinder had a shot at a bracelet but came up short. It was also cool that they showed a few hands of Hellmuth going for number 12 in the $1500 Horse event. Really I would have liked to see the Horse event televised also. Playing in some live Poker tomorrow night. My Cousin Neil’s game is going on, wish me luck! Look for a winning post about it on Friday morning, eastern time. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony.
P.S. – Please continue to click through on my Google Banner, above this post, Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home