Thursday, October 29, 2009

Limit Variance

This is not a bad beat post, just stating a fact of playing Ring Game Limit Poker. Last night I had one of those nights that occur to me around once a week. It’s when nothing goes right no matter how well I play. (I started to tilt so I really wasn’t playing well after the initial bad beats.) I lost 75BBs in a two hour period. It’s not beyond normal variance but it was enough to start to push me over the edge to tiltdom. This occurred to me in my bread and butter ring game, Hi/Lo Stud. I started one hand with the absolute nuts, rolled up Aces. Didn’t slow play them at all, raising from 3rd street up until the river when I got re-raised. I made the crying call with my unimproved trips, hoping he had a low, to be shown Twos full of fours! In another hand I was the bring in with pocket 4s and a 7. By 6th street I had 3 nines showing for Nines full. I bet and got raised by a loose aggressive donk. Usually I would re-raise here but I knew he had me beat. Called him down on the river to be shown a hidden Tens full of fives! Then I can’t tell you the number of times I started with four suited cards 8 or lower. This start is a monster in Hi/LO stud being you have so much scoop potential. Either I would get there and someone would make a better hand or I would brick out. My losses were actually worse but I took a break and played some more last night, coming back 20BBs so was down 95BBs at one time. This kind of variance is to be expected playing in low limit games but it hurts anyway. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Once again a reminder all my readers to please click through on my Google Banner, above this post, so I can keep the lights on in this BLOG!

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM , Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I started out with a good +10BB swing then lost 20BB for a -10BB night. blah. Stud8 is really streaky sometimes it seems.. especially when your missing like 4 low/4 flush draws. The night before I made 30BB though because I was hitting all of those hands. Go figure.

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

Waffles,

I hear you. Those missed 4 low/4 flushes got really expensive! Thanks for reading. Tony

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger AVIGANOLA said...

Waffles,

I hear you. Those missed 4 low/4 flushes got really expensive! Thanks for reading. Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home