Sunday, May 06, 2007

Atlantic City Report

Got back from an AC trip yesterday. Was a good trip and a bad trip at the same time. Let me explain what happened. Played a lot of live $10-20 went up and down. Finished up a very small amount, like 5 BB in 20 hours of play. Played 2 tournaments one at the Borgata and one at the Taj Mahal. The good news is I felt I played great in both tournaments. I got deep in both but ran into bad luck in both of them. On friday played in the $50,000 guarented, had 450 players and paid 36 players. I felt I played great but I got short stacked. I woke up with Kings and pushed all in. The button had 2 aces and I was knocked out. Finished in around 100th place. On saturday I played at the Taj Mahal's $100 No Limit tournament. The field was so weak, very small too(84). I loved my chances in this one, really felt I was going to win it all. Then disaster hit me. With the Blinds at 500-1000 and a 100 ante I was dealt Queens under the gun. I had 9900 chips and decided the time was right to push. I pushed and the player after me, who had 18,000 chips insta-called with A-Q off. Everyone else folded and I decided I knew where this hand was going. I told everyone good game and I stood up. I then stated an Ace was coming on the river. The flop came 9-2-3 rainbow, ten on the turn, and guess what fell on the river?? Hmm... the suspense.... an Ace of course. With hindsight I wish I would have limped and then pushed on the non-scary flop. In this case it would have worked. Of well another tournament, another bad beat. (BTW finished like 15th, 9 places paid.) I have been running so bad in live tournaments, haven't cashed since the Borgata in January. Look for some interesting hand posts later on today and tommorrow. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home