Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Online play.

Last night I got my online playing back on track. I had a terrible weekend of play. Got killed in $1-2 HORSE and lost in .25-.50 No limit. I seam to do worse on weekends then weekdays. This all goes back to me playing better in the “non-crapshoot” games. The weekend games online are sometimes like playing bingo. I raise from under the gun with A-Q suited and gets called in 4 places. My standard bring in has been the pot in these games. Should be enough to get the garbage hands out. This weekend pocket 2s were my nemesis. I got stacked 3 times in one hour against pocket 2s. All 3 times the person either flopped a set or a full house. I lost with pocket queens, A-K, and Q-K suited. All three hands were coolers that seamed like a lock for me to win. In the A-K and Q-K hands I flopped trips. In the queens hand the board was low and villain was short stacked. Problem is people were calling pot sized bring ins or re-raises with any pocket pair. Some people will argue for implied odds when calling with pocket 2s. I personally hate calling raises with the low pocket pairs 2-5s. Anyway last night the tables were saner. I made 2 buyins in an hour. I did play another MTT, limit holdem. My bad run in these carried over from the last 2 weeks. Limit HE tournaments are really card catching contests anyway. For some reason I have had good success in them anyway. I need to play some more big buyin HORSE tournaments before the WSOP in 5 weeks. Really need to get some practice against better players. Then again playing in $55 HORSE tournaments the players may not be that great anyway. I will repeat myself, can’t wait for the WSOP! That’s it for today. Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home