Friday, June 01, 2007

More WSOP Training.

The WSOP training continued last night. Played a Turbo HORSE SNG on Poker Stars. Took 3rd but was very disappointed being I had the chip lead when we broke the bubble. Problem with turbo SNGs is you lose one hand and you are crippled. Last night it was the Stud leg. Started with Aces and brought it in for a raise. I bet the whole hand being he didn’t catch anything scary. I checked my unimproved Aces on the river and my opponent checked his Eights and fives behind me. I lost 80% of my stack and couldn’t recover after that. I can’t fault my opponent for chasing being we were short handed and you can’t wait for premium hands in a turbo. Oh well at least I finished in the money. Also played some .25-.50 no limit on Fulltilt. Won one and a half buyins in an hour. My running well at no limit has continued. Really should try a higher level but have been dragging my feet. I have been focused on keeping my HORSE game sharp these days. Based on my success/failure at the WSOP I may start playing a higher live HORSE level online. Been playing $1-2 and $2-4 with mixed success. $1-2 is such a card catching contest. BTW – The WSOP starts today. My wife and I are really excited to see the number of entries today and this weekend. Want to get some indication of how big the tournaments will be this year. It was crazy last year when the RAZZ tournament had almost 900 entries. I have no idea how many people will play in the $2500 HORSE event. I hope at least 500 so the prize pool is large. I can’t wait to go to Vegas! Good luck at the tables. Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home