Friday, August 17, 2007

FTOPS Stud

Last night was some more of the same running bad. I couldn’t resist playing in a satellite for the $216 Stud on Full Tilt last night. It was $55 and had 127 players, giving away 27 seats. I got coolered in 43rd with Queens and threes on 4th. A donkey that three bets 3rd street, with a pair of sevens, caught another one on 4th. I hate tournaments and will really take a break from them this time, a week a least. Again I am running bad in Stud but great in HE. Lost 27 BB in Stud but won %80 of it back in No limit and short-handed Limit HE. Bad news to report is my wife’s playing in the FTOPS Stud event last night on Full. She got seated at a table of crazy donkies. Guy on her left was the table leader/bully. Everytime she raised on 3rd he three bet, with position. I noticed it and told her just to limp unless she wanted him to three bet. This helped a little but he still pounded on her. I wish I was at that table instead of her. I watched her play and would have played it much differently. She got involved early in the tournament with small pairs for multiple bets. In no time at all 40% of her stack was gone. At that point she had to battle to avoid getting knocked out. Then she tightened up and played well. Of course she got coolered with Aces up on forth. A donkey chased her heads up with a Ten high flush draw. That hand put her down so low that there was very little chance of coming back. She still outlasted 150 people but was not happy with her play. Well as long as she learned from these mistakes and not repeat them the entry was worth the experience for her. Tonight I won’t be playing online. Looks good for Foxwoods on Saturday so expect a trip report. Good luck at the tables. Tony

P.S. – Thanks again to my readers who have been clicking through on my Google Ad Sense banner above. Please continue to do it, only takes a second and I greatly appreciate it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home